Translate

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

100 Days of Vlogs #26 // Girl on the Train (wreck) Movie Review



Heading to see the movie adaption of Paula Hawkins, The Girl on the Train. Paula should be mad as hell at the way they portrayed her novel. I understand novels have to be adapted some in order to make a movie but it almost seems like a re-write over an adaption.

The casting was horrible. None of the characters match the description of the book. One thing Paula Hawkins was good at was describing things. You have a clear visual of who these characters were and the movie doesn't even get close.

As I say in the video, I wanted to hop on the train and ride back to the book just so the girl could push me off. The movie was that bad. If I had not of read the book and wanted to see how it would play out on screen, I would've walked out the theater. I need to take a few days and soak in what my eyes just watched before I put it down on paper.

I do not recommend going to see this movie, however I still highly recommend the book. A more detailed review will follow after I've calmed down about how bad this movie was. 

1 comment:

  1. I feel that way about the Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children movie coming out. I read all the books, and they mess up the characters and even switch up the powers that they have, in ways that don't make sense. I hate when a good book is ruined for the movie!

    ReplyDelete