Translate

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Blog Name Change Coming Soon

I find it suiting to change my blog name. Baby Steps to a Marathon was fitting when all I planned on talking about was getting fit and training for a marathon. Then, I started to add in my weight loss goals and I realized how much of a marathon that journey seemed like so I chose to keep the name.

I realize now, my life is so twisted, I have so many highs and lows and things that throw me of my game, that I need a title more fitting. I seem to be always searching for balance. I'm still on a journey of self awareness, weight loss, and better state of mind but there is so much more I do. I write (novels and poems), I travel (and I want to write about it), I love to dine out and also love to cook, I'm a mom (with the most awesome daughter), I have been diagnosed with PTSD, depression, bipolar disorder and sometimes I have spontaneous outburst that journaling helps me with, I have strong political views, I have strong cultural connections, I love to read and go to the movies and I want to talk about them. Those are just a few things about me and I want to begin to share them all on this blog.

Over the rest of this month, you will begin to notice small changes to this blog. Starting with the name. It will be called Straighten Up, Fly Right...My Twisted Life.  I will change it by the end of this week.

The term straighten up and fly right basically means to fix your behavior or attitude and be a better you.

Twisted (adj) 1. forced of its natural or proper shape; crumpled. 2. (off a personality or a way of thinking) unpleasantly or unhealthily abnormal; warped.

It's strange to write out that definition and to feel totally connected to its meaning. My life is always twisting and turning in ways I can't imagine nor control. Yet, I'm always trying to straighten it out, make it right. Trying to always be in the happy medium of it all.

Soon as I learn how to properly make blog page tags, it'll be easier to navigate my post for those of you who only want to read one thing or the other. Hopefully I can have my website up and running as well.

In the meantime welcome to Straighten Up, Fly Right...My Twisted Life.

2 comments:

  1. I have been using Blogger for a while now, and I'm still not sure what the difference between labels, categories, tages, etc. is :) I like the new name of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! With the help of youtube, I'm sure to figure it out. I want to be able to separate the topics I post because I'm going to use it for more than weight loss at this point.

      Delete