Translate

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

#22Kill Push Up Challenge Day 4 // It's Not Easy



It's Day 4 of the ‪#‎22Kill‬
Push Up Challenge. If you haven't seen the first videos, the purpose of
the challenge is to bring awareness to the fact 22 veterans commit
suicide on a daily basis.

The challenge consists of me doing 22
pushups a day for 22 days. You can do any variation of these pushups but
they should be completed in one taping of the video and posted online.
Put the hashtag #22Kill

Next, I'm challenged to nominate one person a day to complete the challenge. They are in no way obligated to do the challenge but hopefully I am choosing people who will be down for the cause.

Today I nominate Ralph Shannon Jr. you start the challenge the day after you are nominated and have accepted.


Thanks for involuntarily volunteering when you said you had 22 push ups
in you. LOL. I met Ralph years ago at a club then found out we were
high school alums and turned into friends. He was training to be a boxer
and I think some of the traumatic stresses one can endure as a boxer
can be closely related to PTSD veterans go through as well.

My
friend Taunia posted a video yesterday explaining why she joined the
military and some issues vets can face that she could relate to. My
video was supposed to be the same but took a slight turn.

You
don't have to share an experience if you accept the challenge but you
never know if it could help another person if you did. Thanks for
watching. Until tomorrow. #22Kill

2 comments:

  1. I had never heard of that challenge, but I really like the idea. I might do the push-ups, but minus the video, since I am nowhere near the point of wanting anyone to watch me work out in any capacity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome. I have to start over. My heavy days got to be heavier than I could handle.

      Delete