Translate

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Somethings Remain the Same

It's been one year since I openly announced my re-commitment to weight loss. Sad to say, nothing much has changed in a year. Sure I lost weight but it found me again. I guess it was because I was still in the same place, same head space, and using the same excuses. Same old story, huh?

So over this past year I have successfully loss over twenty pounds but you can't tell by looking at me or my scale. I've put every pound of it back on. I would be lying to you if I say, "Woe is me, I don't know what happened."  Lies!!!!!  I know exactly what happened. I didn't dedicate myself to the process.

Those of you who know me know, I'm against a lot of stuff. I don't juice, I won't meal prep, no fad diets, no pills, no this no that, yada yada yada, my list goes on. So you may be asking what the hell do you do then because obviously it's not working. Well, the things I do, WORK, at least for me, but I have to actually do them. My main goal in life is to be able to workout maybe three times a week, eat the things I love in moderation without the excessive weight gain. Right now I need to do more working out and less eating out just to begin to see significant changes in weight. I can cook just about everything I dine out for, I just need to do it. My health is improving overall but the fat I'm carrying still lingers. Truth be told for me, a simple walk for 30 minutes a day, helps me lose weight. It's a damn shame I haven't committed to that.

There are so many products out here that are chemically made, not even real food, or considered a drug itself like sugar, it gets hard to determine what to eat. I want to enjoy my food. I'm sorry but eating vegetables all day everyday is not what I enjoy. With the amount of pesticides, growth hormones and hybrid vegetation these days, even your veggies aren't 100% healthy. They are better for you I believe but I haven't scientifically proved it. Anyhoo, that's why I joined a community garden, so I can grow my own food. I must say the produce last year tasted so much better than those I've purchased in the market. This year I haven't begun planting. We had a lot of organizational changes which delayed us getting started.

So, as I've stated today is my one year anniversary on YouTube and I'm committing to some new goals. Go visit my channel for weekly updates on my weight loss journey Putting off Pounds with Poetry

Goals:
One is to keep this blog updated. This is not just about weight loss, anymore. :-)

2016 Go For Gold Challenge  -  Walk/Run/Crawl 1000 Miles begun Jan 1st, I'm 320.5 Miles into the challenge. www.ilovetorun.org

100 Miles per Month - begins 1st of each month. I've completed 14.88 miles so far. www.ilovetorun.org

From My City to Yours Virtual Challenge - Complete Miles from St. Louis to New York 957 miles. Begun on Jan 21st. Every couple of weeks I will post pics from where I am along my journey using google. I created this challenge for myself. My first one was St. Louis to Chicago. As of today, I am 148.62 miles outside of St. Louis in Martinsville, IL in route to NYC.

Fit2LuvMe100 Challenge: The actual challenge began Jan 1st. Commit to 100 days of continuous movement last at least 25 minutes. I am scared to commit to 100 days. So I opted to try 30 days and began on May 1st. So far so good.  Click here for the challenge Fit2LuvMe100 Challenge

Vlog for 30 Days. Began on May 1st. I barely get my weekly vlogs up but it's day 3 and so far so good.

Coconut Oil Challenge: Use pure coconut oil on my face as a moisturizer and document the changes. I'm hoping to look less tired and have supple skin. Began May 1st.

Races: I will be heading to LA soon and I wanted to run while I was there. So I'm signing up for a half marathon in Long Beach, CA. Summer 7 Day 7 Half. I'm scared. It's already week three of training and I've walked a callus on my foot from wearing sandals and my ankle, with the hardware, has been giving me the blues.

Last but not least, get some rest. My sleeping habits have been so off. I woke up this morning at 2:45, it's now 5:13am. I really need to catch some zzzz. With that note, I'm signing off. Thanks for coming back and reading.

2 comments:

  1. I just recently started over, after gaining weight back. I feel the same way: what I do works, if I actually do it!

    I just planted a vegetable garden and can't wait to be able to start eating the tomatoes, beans, corn, etc. You're right, home grown tastes a million times better than store-bought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply, I've been on the road. Just getting the gumption to do the workouts and what's needed is a journey in itself.

      I can't wait for the garden to be in full bloom again. I bought broccoli, red/green/orange bell peppers, oregano, chives, and lettuce. I wanted spinach and snap peas but it may be too hot here to plant those now. Hope you share pics!!!

      Delete