Translate

Sunday, March 11, 2012

In the Beginning

A few days ago I signed up for my first full marathon, the Marine Corps Marathon in DC on Oct 28, 2012.  26.2 miles.  I haven’t completed a 5k yet without stopping to walk but I am determined to finish this marathon.
Myself and few of my bootcamp sisters decided to celebrate 20yrs of becoming a Marine by running the marathon. We are all in the same boat weight and endurance wise. Even mentally we are all scared sh!tless but are determined to give it our all.
So I have 235 days or 33 wks and 4 days to get my booty in shape…or better yet lose some of this booty so I can run without all the excess baggae.
My plan is to log my progress as much as possible.  I tried to run 2 days ago and felt like I had pins and needles pushing through my heart like a junky pushing smack in collapsed veins.  I barely completed half mile without stopping to walk.  My gps said I avg 12.88 min per mile, which meant for me I went to fast.  Need to build some endurance before trying to haul ass like that.  Today I attempted a walk/jog interval routine and after 1 mile my shins were killing me.  I ended up completing 2 miles but my time was 16.55 minutes per mile.  That’s slower than the last 5k I ran last spring where my time was 13.38 miles per min and I walked/jogged with that race as well.
My goal….is to complete this race.  Officially I have to be under 7 hrs for my time to count.  So 7hrs is my goal time.  I do plan on finally being at my goal weight of 130 by this time.
Im about to go all in!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment